Intelligent WISP Control Point with FiberProtect™
The EdgePoint™ offers an innovative combination of robust routing performance, fiber backhaul capability, and the convenience of passive PoE support. Ubiquiti Networks introduces the EdgePoint™, part of the EdgeMAX® platform.
The first application-specific designed WISP control point, the EdgePoint combines EdgeMAX routing features with fiber backhaul and versatile powering capabilities. The EdgePoint is available in three models:
- EP-R6 Layer-3 router
- EP-R8 Layer-3 router
- EP-S16 Layer-2 switch with some layer-3 capabilities
Breakthrough in Tower Deployment
The EdgePoint features FiberProtect to significantly reduce electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI), greatly improve data signal integrity, and consolidate the wired data backhaul to a single fiber cable run for long-distance connectivity.
Purpose-Built for WISP Control
The first application-specific designed WISP control point, the EdgePoint combines the advanced routing capabilities of EdgeMAX® with fiber backhaul and versatile powering capabilities.
Advanced Routing Applications
Powerful routing features – such as link balancing – provide redundancy and increased performance for outdoor wireless links. The EP-R6 or EP-R8 offers robust features, including:
- VLAN interfaces for network segmentation
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- Application identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Administrator and operator accounts
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
For the EP-R6 and EP-R8, powerful routing features – such as load balancing and failover– provide redundancy and increased performance for outdoor wireless links. For the EP-S16, layer-2 link aggregation provides similar redundancy and increased performance benefits.
The EP-R8 features six RJ45 Ethernet ports and two combination RJ45/SFP Ethernet ports
The Bottom Panel
- Power Options
- 54VDC, 6A Terminal Block
- Dual PoE Input
- (1) Console Port
- (6) RJ45 Ports
- (2) Combination RJ45/SFP Ports
Nine RJ45 ports support PoE:
- PoE Input
- (1) 54V, 1.5A (No Data)
- (1) 54V, 1.5A
- PoE Output
- (2) 54 or 24V, 1.4A Passive PoE Output Ports*
- (5) 24V, 0.7A Passive PoE Output Ports*
- Strain Relief for Fiber Optic Strands
- Cable Sleeve and Option for Conduit (Not Included)
- Cable Tie Slots (Cable Ties Not Included)
- Lanyard Loop for Ease of Installation
- Slot for PicoStation®M2HP (Not Included) to Allow for Wireless Management
- Pole-Mount Bracket (Wall-Mount Bracket Also Included)
- Ground Bonding Point
Accessories (Sold Seperately)
EdgePower 54V, 150W DC Power Supply Unit
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MrWiFi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.